Using PrePay lets you pay when you want, in the amounts you want. Instead of receiving a traditional paper bill that is generated once each month, usage is calculated daily. PrePay customers never pay a late charge and are not charged costly disconnect and reconnect fees if the account runs out of credit.
Click here to apply for PrePay residential service.
You will be asked to have your account current, including any unbilled usage.
- Do I pay a deposit to use PrePay?
- PrePay customers are eligible to have their deposit waived or refunded and applied toward your current energy costs. New Carroll EMC Members also pay a standard $15 membership fee.
- How will I know when my balance is low?
- When you set up your PrePay account, you will select the balance at which you will begin to receive a low-balance notice. Notices can be received via email, automated calling service or text message.
- How can I check my balance?
- Check your balance 24/7 by calling 770-832-3552, pressing “2” and then entering your account number. You may also check your balance be responding "BAL" to the text alerts.
- How do I track my daily power usage?
- Log on to Carroll EMC's Member Portal or download the free Carroll EMC mobile app. On the Member Portal, click the tab labeled "My Usage" to check your billing, payment or usage history. If you haven't used the Member Portal before, click "New User" to set up your User ID and password. You can check your account information from a desktop computer or a mobile device.
- How do I make payments?
- You can purchase more power 24/7, even on weekends and holidays, at a PaySite kiosk. Payments can also be made on Carroll EMC's mobile app, by responding "PAY" and the amount you want to add to the text alerts, online, by telephone or in person.
- What happens if I don’t make a payment?
- If you do not purchase more power, the meter will stop and the power will turn off. However, once a payment is made within five days of the power going off and you have at least a $10 credit, your power will reconnect.