Conditions of Membership
*Please note that a credit/identity check will be performed on all applicants. A membership fee of $15 and an account service charge of $20 is required and will apply to your first month’s bill. A security deposit may also be required. Any past due amounts to Carroll EMC must be paid in full before new service can be established. If you’ve never had service with us before, you may be required to apply in person at one of our offices.
1. The Applicant will pay to the Cooperative with the Application a membership fee and an initial account service charge. The membership fee shall be refunded if applicant’s membership is not accepted by the Cooperative, and any portion of said membership fee not applied to the payment of bills due the Cooperative shall be refunded to the applicant after termination of service. The account service charge shall be non-refundable. A Security Deposit may be required, which shall be held and distributed in accordance with the Service Rules & Regulations.
2. Please note that a credit/identity check will be performed on all applicants.
3. The Applicant will comply with and be bound by the provisions of the Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws and Rules and Regulations now in effect and as may from time to time be adopted by the Cooperative. The Bylaws and the Rules and Regulations provide for but are not limited to Paragraphs 4, 5, and 6 below. These paragraphs are included for emphasis. A copy of the Bylaws and Rules and Regulations is available upon request or at carrollemc.com.
4. Applicant shall, when electric energy becomes available and the meter installed, purchase from the Cooperative all central station electric energy used on the premises described above (or such other premises for which Applicant may apply for service) and will pay therefore monthly at such rates as may be fixed from time to time by the Board of the Cooperative.
5. Applicant agrees to allow the Cooperative to perform right-of-way clearing and to grant the Cooperative such easements as are necessary or convenient to serve the Cooperative’s Members.
6. The Cooperative’s identified employees shall have the right of access to consumer’s premises for the purpose of testing, repairing, removing, maintaining or exchanging any or all equipment or facilities of the Cooperative.
7. Applicant shall be enrolled in Operation Round Up® which rounds up the bill to the next whole dollar, for use in donating to various non-profit organizations within the service area. To opt out of this program, contact email@example.com.
8. Applicant gives prior express written consent to receive certain telephone calls from the Cooperative that provide alerts, warnings, and courtesy calls and information about the electric account as well as notifications concerning scheduled work in the area and outage information.
9. The Member assumes all liability for, and holds harmless, Carroll Electric Membership Cooperative, its directors, officers, employees, and agents for any and for all damages of any kind resulting from an automatic disconnection or reconnection of service.