Budget billing is designed to ease the impact of higher seasonal electric bills for residential Members. It spreads bills into 11 equal monthly payments - helping you plan ahead by letting you know exactly what your monthly payments will be. It does not lower or raise your annual electric bill. The 12th month is the settling up month.
At the end of 12 months, you start over with a new average bill. If you paid for more electricity than you used for the first 11 months, Carroll EMC will credit your account for the difference. If you used more electricity than you paid for, Carroll EMC will bill you for that extra amount. Your budget billing payments may be adjusted each year, depending on your electricity usage and current electric rates.
To be eligible for budget billing, the following must be true:
- You may set up budget billing at any time as long as you have a $0.00 balance with the understanding that it benefits you more to have a full 12 months of usage.
- With budget billing, you must pay your bills by the due date. If not, you may be removed from the plan and returned to regular billing.
- There is no charge to be placed on budget billing, and you may return to regular billing at any time by notifying Carroll EMC and by paying the total amount due on the bill.
- If you sign up for budget billing, you must understand the following:
- The amount of your budget bill will appear on the monthly bill in the space designated "Total Amount Due."
- Your payment must be received by Carroll EMC by the due date.
To sign up for budget billing, contact a Carroll EMC Member Services Representative today.